Thursday 9 October 2008

All things wooden

Ideas have been flooding from my brain into my sketchbook in the Studio this week (via a pencil in my hand you understand!) I am thinking of gifts that I can make for my family and friends, very appropriate considering the 'Credit Crunch' and all of that. I think that we should all remember the true meaning of Christmas and make gifts for each other rather than spending money we don't have on presents no one wants. I myself always would far rather have a handmade art and craft creation that someone has taken time over, and put a little bit of themselves into, than a box of chocolates or bubble bath (hmm chocs are yummy and I don't mean to offend anyone because any gift is gratefully received but you know what I mean!)
Anyway, so the ideas are flooding in alot were inspired by some days I have been spending at my 10 year old daughters school. I have been helping them to design and make totem poles for the playground. Each year group has a pole to burn there design into and then paint. The children have really been excited and PROUD of their efforts and so they should be. The theme was nature and pond life, alot of dragonflies, butterflies, fish and frogs. I had so much fun and really got inspired to produce some new wood based artworks. I liked the idea of burning designs into the wood........ watch this space!! Now back to my work, maybe one day I will get around to putting some new pictures up.

2 comments:

The Bunny Maker said...

I did think about you but then I wasn't sure if you had 7 blogs to then tag!

okay - you're tagged! go to it!

The other half an acre said...

Thanks Spanna!

Heart stones

Heart stones

Heart shaped potato

Heart shaped potato

Studio@lock4

Studio@lock4
The inside of our studio