Sunday 2 November 2008

Little furry visitors

I have been in my studio, furiously painting away, trying to ignore the fact that it is bloody freezing in there brrrrr! I am working on some driftwood artworks and am really pleased with the results. I thought that I had collected a sizable pile of driftwood this summer but...(there is always a but) when you are looking for specific shaped pieces to use, the pile you had gets discarded very quickly and I found myself thinking....damn what could I make instead?? using the shapes I did have. I created some boats which I am pleased with. I then got started on a pile of butterflies that have been on my bench, sitting ready for decoration, in the end I painted these sitting in my mum's front room, (in a centrally heated house yeehaa!) whilst looking after their ancient dog. I managed to get a lot of them decorated only being interrupted every half hour by said pooch wanting to pee!!!!
My Mothers dog is not one of the 'little furry visitors'. I have found evidence of little mice in the studio and was wondering how to deal with them....didn't really want to hurt them but can't risk them chewing one of my artworks!!! So I reckon that I will have to purchase some humane traps....they have only come in for the heat!!! If they stay a while they will soon realise that it is freezing and hopefully will leave of their own accord,( she says hopefully!)

No comments:

Heart stones

Heart stones

Heart shaped potato

Heart shaped potato

Studio@lock4

Studio@lock4
The inside of our studio