Saturday 15 November 2008

The whiff of cinnamon

I am exhausted after two days spent having some lovely girlie time. I went to the Country Living Christmas Fair, it was a birthday treat for my Mum, a day out in London. I hadn't been to the fair for about two years and so was full of excited anticipation of all those lovely new ideas.....sadly and I do mean sadly!!! (as I love the show) I was disappointed......sigh. It was truly lovely with all of the shaker decorations and the lovely garlands smelling of cinnamon and orange, it really got me into the Christmas spirit, (even if I am in danger of getting too excited too soon, seeing that Christmas is a little way off). I have been trying to work out what it was that disappointed me and I think that I have figured it out....there were very few new and different ideas, the stalls were lovely but the show looked the same as it did two years ago. I walked around looking out for some really special ,new and different crafts an ideas and I can honestly say that out of all the exhibitors only one stood out....her stall was small and was tucked away to the side but even so, the colour, humour, very well chosen materials brought her little creatures to life and gave them all an illustrative quality. I believe these (cuddly toys/friends) were called Quirkles and really deserve some attention, so take a look at this website www.quirkles.co.uk they are truly delightful! Good presents.

1 comment:

The Bunny Maker said...

ha ha! i found her too! very cute things indeed but hmmmm .... I'll call you!

Heart stones

Heart stones

Heart shaped potato

Heart shaped potato

Studio@lock4

Studio@lock4
The inside of our studio